New Orleans - The Big Easy
Our host will be Louisiana Sugar Refininng, LLC
2020 - 2021
Cancelled due to Covid pandemic.
US SUGAR CORPORATION
was our fantastic host
our gracious host was
TAIWAN SUGAR CORPORATION
ANNUAL TECHNICAL MEETING
The association holds an annual convention, usually in May. At this convention technical sessions are held where members present technical papers based on research or development in cane sugar processing technology, quality control, environmental issues and other topics of interest to the cane sugar refining Industry. Go here to view the guidelines for presentation and posters
The meetings are open only to members of S.I.T. Non members can attend the conference but pay a fee equal to the cost of joining S.I.T. plus the attendance cost for the conference. They will be automatically be a member for the year in which they attend the Meeting. For more information on membership click here.
A spousal program, social functions and an awards banquet are also held at the convention where the members have the opportunity to get acquainted and discuss mutual technical concerns.
Our next meetings will be:
2023 New Orleans, United States
2024 Vancouver, Canada
2025 Dubai, United Arabic Emirates
A Proceedings of the papers presented at the technical sessions will be available on site. Each member receives a copy of the annual membership directory.
Become a Presenter
Want to share your knowledge with your colleges?
Give a presentation or show a poster at our annual meeting.
- John Kerr was elected President of S.I.T. for 2022 – 2023 at the New Board of Directors meeting held on April 19, 2022.
- Janet Harriman was elected First Vice President for 2022-2023 at the New Board of Directors meeting held on April 19, 2022.
- Camille Smith was elected Second Vice President for 2022-2023 at the New Board of Directors meeting held on April 19, 2022
- Michael Burchell, ASR Group – C&H Sugar Company, Inc., Crockett, CA, U.S.A., received the Crystal Award
- The Meade Award for the 2019 Conference was recognized to Rahiman SN, Madho S, Davis SB, Sugar Milling Research Institute, and Love DJ, Tongaat Hulett Technology Group for the paper: “Continuous Seed Preparation by Sound Induced Nucleation: The Journey from Benchtop to Pilot Seed Production”
- The Chapman Award for the 2019 Conference was recognized to Emmanuel M. Sarir, Carbo-Solutions International for the poster titled: “The Return of Carbo Based Adsorbents for Refinery Decolourization”
- Applications for Technical Papers and Posters for the 2023 S. I. T. Conference to be held on May 7-10, 2023, in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A. are being accepted by Program Chairman Michael Burchell at:
- The next Board of Directors Meeting will be held at 3:00 PM on Sunday, May 7, 2023, at the JW Marriott New Orleans, 614 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA, 70130, U.S.A.
- The Executive Committee Meeting #1 will take place by video conference call on Thursday, October 20, 2022, at 9:00 AM EDT.
John Kerr was elected President of S.I.T. for 2022 - 2023 at the New Board of Directors meeting held on April 19, 2022. Janet Harriman was elected First Vice President for 2022-2023 at the New Board of Directors meeting held on April 19, 2022.Camille Smith was...